Quick Exit
Sheffield Children Safeguarding Partnership logoConcerned about a child button

Sheffield Children Safeguarding Partnership

SPRING 24 UPDATES: We are updating our website. Please use the search bar if you can’t find the information you need or contact SCSP to make recommendations for updates.

What's on your mind?

Mental health is about how people think, feel and act. It needs just as much care as physical health and is just as important. 

When your mental health is good you will be able to think positively, feel confident and be calm.  If your mental health is not so good, you may find it hard to enjoy things, feel sad or angry, struggle to control your emotions or behaviour.  You may find it hard to cope.

Just as you would ask for help if your physical health was poor or you had an accident, you can ask for help with your mental health when you need it. 

National services and information:

Local services


Have your say...

Comments are closed for this article

If you are concerned about another child or young person, follow this link: Referring a safeguarding concern to Children’s Social Care

Helpful organisations:

  • Childline for advice and support to children and young people. Phone 0800 1111 or visit the Childline website.

  • Kidscape is a Children’s charity that gives practical advice to young people about bullying and keeping safe. Visit the Kidscape website. 

  • The Samaritans confidential helpline for young people experiencing feelings of distress or despair – tel: 08457 90 90 90. Visit The Samaritans website

  • Youth Access – Tel: 020 8772 9900. This organisation will put you in touch with local services that offer information, advice and counselling

  • The Hideout - for young people affected by domestic abuse. Visit The Hideout website.