Quick Exit
Sheffield Children Safeguarding Partnership logoConcerned about a child button

Sheffield Children Safeguarding Partnership

SPRING 24 UPDATES: We are updating our website. Please use the search bar if you can’t find the information you need or contact SCSP to make recommendations for updates.

Do you need some help?

If you’ve got a problem or are worried about someone you know, it can be hard to know what to do to make the situation better. This page will give you the information about services and people that are there to help.

Are you worried about:

  • abuse
  • bullying
  • family problems
  • alcohol or drugs
  • racism
  • gangs
  • school
  • sexual exploitation
  • sexuality
  • violence
  • physical health
  • mental health
  • or any other issues?

Are you afraid to talk to anyone about your worries because you:

  • are embarrassed
  • are worried people may not take you seriously
  • don’t trust anyone to keep your secret
  • think people won’t understand.

It can be very hard to talk about your feelings, but some problems won’t go away if you ignore them. Talking to someone can make you feel better and help you to find a solution.

Could you talk to:

  • a close friend
  • your parent or carer
  • another relative
  • a doctor
  • a social worker
  • a teacher
  • a school nurse
  • a neighbour
  • a police officer?

Helpful organisations:

If you want to speak to someone else please see the helpline numbers in the orange box at the right hand side of this page.


Have your say...

Comments are closed for this article

If you are concerned about another child or young person, follow this link: Referring a safeguarding concern to Children’s Social Care

Helpful organisations:

  • Childline for advice and support to children and young people. Phone 0800 1111 or visit the Childline website.

  • Kidscape is a Children’s charity that gives practical advice to young people about bullying and keeping safe. Visit the Kidscape website. 

  • The Samaritans confidential helpline for young people experiencing feelings of distress or despair – tel: 08457 90 90 90. Visit The Samaritans website

  • Youth Access – Tel: 020 8772 9900. This organisation will put you in touch with local services that offer information, advice and counselling

  • The Hideout - for young people affected by domestic abuse. Visit The Hideout website.