Child Sexual Exploitation and Trafficking
- Children, Young People & Families Service – Social Workers and a Family Intervention Worker.
- South Yorkshire Police – Child Sexual Exploitation Team and Missing Persons Officers.
- Sheffield Futures – Specialist Youth Workers, Management and Administration.
- Barnardos – Support Worker.
It is our collective responsibility to identify those children and young people at risk of sexual exploitation and our joint responsibility to protect and safeguard them from further risk or actual harm.
- To prevent children and young people in Sheffield from being sexually exploited and reduce the risk of trafficking both out of, and within Sheffield and South Yorkshire.
- To raise the level of professional and public awareness of the negative effects of sexual exploitation and the role that communities can play in helping tackle this issue.
- To identify those who are grooming, coercing, controlling and/or profiting from sexual exploitation with a view to pursue and prosecute.
Sheffield Sexual Exploitation Service Annual Report 2016-17
"Friend of Foe?"
The Sexual Exploitation Service have launched a redeveloped and redesigned resource “Friend or Foe?” which is now available to purchase either as a stand-alone resource or with supporting training. The pack is based on many years of experience of CSE case work from one of the oldest dedicated teams in the country. In addition, every resource has been “Youth Proofed” by the Sheffield CSE Young Advisory Group.
Further details can be found here
Good Practice Guidance for Professionals When Supporting Parents
The Sheffield CSE Parenting Forum is a group of parents who have worked with staff from MAST and the CSE Service to produce good practice guidance for all professionals when supporting parents with young people who have been sexually exploited.
Child Sexual Exploitation Training
Sheffield Futures have produced a training pathway for parents, carers, practitioners from all sectors, faith groups and workers in the night-time economy. They also offer Free Introduction to Child Sexual Exploitation training to any practitioner working in Sheffield. .
Guidance and Fact Sheets
SSCB Policy and Protocols
E-learning For All Staff
For further information please contact The Sexual Exploitation Service
Concerns about a child should be directed to the Sheffield Safeguarding Hub