Quick Exit
Sheffield Children Safeguarding Partnership logoConcerned about a child button

Sheffield Children Safeguarding Partnership

SPRING 24 UPDATES: We are updating our website. Please use the search bar if you can’t find the information you need or contact SCSP to make recommendations for updates.

Referring a safeguarding concern to Children's Social Care

If you are worried that a child has been harmed or is at risk of harm then phone the Sheffield Safeguarding Hub on 0114 273 4855 (24 hours) to speak to a social worker. If a child is in immediate danger then call 999 for a police response.

**Members of the public can discuss their concerns in confidence and if necessary, anonymously.**

The Sheffield Safeguarding Hub


What will happen when I contact the Sheffield Safeguarding Hub?

You will be put through to a trained 'screening' social worker, who will:

  • Take information from you

  • Provide a clear and focused telephone conversation

  • Analyse your information and give you clear advice in a way that is easily understood

  • Make a decision on how the concern will be dealt with

  • Tell you what will happen next

If the concern is progressed they will also;

  • record the discussion on the child’s file and progress the contact as agreed

  • Update parents, carers and professionals of the outcome, in writing, within 3 days of all completed referrals where it is safe to do so.

The hub;

  • Includes South Yorkshire Police Officers, Social Workers including Early Help Prevention and Intervention Social Workers, Independent Domestic Violence Advisers and Health staff

  • Will respond to new concerns about vulnerable children and young people by providing an integrated service with swift and secure information sharing between professionals

  • Will signpost to Early Help services where children are not at risk but may need support

  • Will advise professionals to contact the allocated social worker for open cases Children's Social Care

  • Does not replace calling the police – for non-urgent matters for police attention ring 101

  • If a child or young person is in immediate danger, contact the police on 999

Further Information for people who work with children and families

To Access Early Help please complete the following:

You should also:

Useful resources:


        Have your say...

        Comments are closed for this article